A screencast is a digital recording of computer screen output, also known as a video screen capture, often containing audio narration. The term screencast compares with the related term screenshot; whereas screenshot is a picture of a computer screen, a screencast is essentially a movie of the changes over time that a user sees on a computer screen, enhanced with audio narrationsource: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screencast
Students are to create a screencast tutorial on one of the following activity:
- How to use Skitch and upload the image to your website.
- All screencasts must be recorded using Screencastomatic. http://screencast-o-matic.com/
- All screencasts must provide visual and audio instructions to create your “How to use Skitch”
- Save your Skitch image as: firstlastname_activity3.png in your activity 3 subfolder,
- Screencasts must be setup to Small HD
- Create a screencast that is between 90 seconds to 180 seconds long,
- check your microphone,
- Screencasts must be published as Quicktime format (MP4 – Full size) to your Activity 3 folder as: firstlastname_activity3.mp4
- Create an Activity 3 subpage under the “Big ? Unit” parent page of your website. Post your screenshot created with Skitch, but DO NOT UPLOAD YOUR VIDEO HERE! Wait until you complete activity 5.
Student generated Rubric:
|screencast (audio quality, visual, informative, video settings, publish)||5|
|creating the skitch||1|
|saving skitch and screencast in sub-folder (format and location)||2|
|embed media into wordpress||2|