Further develop knowledge of HTML language
- Review all of the following exercises before moving on:
HTML URL Encode
HTML Quick List
Grasp a thorough understanding of HTML coding by completing the following steps:
- Create an Activity 3 sub-page under the HTML Parent page of your Wix site.
- Open up Notepad on your computer and complete the following.
- Go to: http://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp and complete the following test review:
- Define HTML.
- What does HTML stand for?
- Define HTML elements. What are the six main HTML Elements syntax?
- Demonstrate the properly nested HTML Syntax.
- Define HTML Attributes and provide 2 examples with their description.
- Who is making the Web Standards?
- Define HTML Tag.
- What are the correct HTML tag for the 3 largest heading? Use the word TITLE as an example.
- What is HTML tag for inserting a line break?
- What is the preferred way for adding a background colour in HTML?
- What is the correct HTML tag to make text bold?
- What is the correct HTML tag to make a text italic?
- What is the correct HTML for creating a hyperlink?
- How can you create an e-mail link?
- Demonstrate the HTML coding to open a link in a new browser window?
- Create the HTML coding for a table with 2 columns and 3 rows.
- Demonstrate the HTML coding to left align text in a table cell.
- Create a simple HTML form with the following fields:
- text field for full name
- a question with 3 answers using radio buttons,
- a survey question with 2 checkboxes
- a submit button
- What does CSS stand for?
- Define the function of CSS.
- What style elements can be applied in CSS?
- How are HTML colours defined? What is a Hex and what is RGB?
- Explain how there can be 16 million different colours.
- What are colournames? provide three examples with the corresponding HEX codes.
- What tag allows you to create a list of items with numbers?
- What tag allows you to create a list of items with bullets?
- Create the HTML coding for a checkbox. The checkbox should have a question and at least 3 options.
- What is the correct HTML for making a text input field?
- What is the correct HTML for creating a dropdown list?
- What is the correct HTML for creating a text area?
- What is the correct HTML for inserting an image? (use www.digitalvoices/images/image1.jpg as an example)
- What is the correct HTML for inserting a background image? (use www.digitalvoices/images/background.jpg as an example)
- What is an “iFrame”? Demonstrate the coding.
- Define XHTML. Explain why XHTML is being used by web designers.
- Save your notepad file as: firstlastname_activity2 in your HTML folder,
- Take a screen shot of your open document and post it to your activity 3 sub-page,
- Copy and paste your text (above) onto your Activity 3 page.