There are always many ways to do something but here are two techniques to make items or people stand out.
Start by taking three photos in class.
- Launchone of the following:
- Take two photos at 640 X 480 and save tem to your Unit 1/Activity7 folder
- Be sure to apply an effect to your photo,
- Open up Fireworks and go to File/open.
- Select your first image
Part One: Non-Destructive Masking
This technique is non-destructive and is using the masking technique
- Select your first photo image.
- In the Properties panel, look for the filters box. Click the [+] to add a filter, and choose Adjust Color > Hue/Saturation.
- Set the Hue/Saturation values. 0 for Hue, -100 for Saturation and 0 for Lightness (make sure Colorize is not selected). This will turn the image to grayscale.
- Clone the image (Edit >/Clone).
- Remove the Hue/Saturation to the first image so it is now back to colour.
- Now have two images, the one below is grayscale, the one above is in full colour.
- Now you just have to make the coloured one above be isolated to the subject.
- Use the Pen Tool to outline the subject, That would be me in my photo.
- Now add a white fill,
- Select the path and the coloured image and choose Modify/Mask/Group as Mask.
- Save as: firstlastname_activity 7a.png in your Unit 1/Activity 7 folder.
- Now repeat the process using the second photo. Isolate a different area.
- Save as: firstlastname_activity 7b.png in your Unit 1/Activity 7 folder.
- Create a new Activity 7 sub-page and upload & insert both files. In the text box insert your name and activity 7.