Step 5: Drop Down Menu
In a webpage, when we rollover the services we will see 3 more options. It will look like this:
To create a drop down menu in Fireworks CS5, follow these steps:
- Create a slice for ‘Course Content“
- Right click on the slice and select ‘Add Pop-up Menu’
- Click on the ‘+’ sign in the pop-up-menu editor to add the required number of sub menu options.
- Type the name of each sub-menu and indented sub menu option
- You will need to indent your Activities using this button:
- Be sure to set up a Unit 1 Sub-menu with Activities 1-11 indented and a Unit 2 with Activities 1-3 indented. See below.
- Specify the appearance – colours, fonts etc.
- Click the ‘Done’ button. It will look like this:
You can drag the box with the 3 sub-menu items to align it the way you want.
Test the drop down menu:
- Select ‘File’ from the main menu
- Select ‘Preview in Browser’
- Select the browser of your choice to see how it will look in the browser.