Step 2: It is now time to create the menu in Fireworks.
First let us create the main menu area, using the rectangle shape tool.
- create a black rectangle. In case it is getting filled with a gradient, you may need to select ‘solid’ instead of ‘linear’ from the drop down next to the fill colour, in the Properties panel.
- set the menu banner to a minimum of 35 pixels high by the width of the document,
A general layout will look like this:
- Using the text tool create the menu items:
- COURSE WORK
- CULTURAL UNIT
- CONTACT US
- Space out your text evenly. It will look sort of like this:
- You can easily add special characters like the copyright symbol from the Special Characters panel (next to the properties panel).